Heating-and-Melting System (HMS) is the core equipment in the polymer-sand production train. The unit is similar to an extruder by its functional principle. It is designed to prepare homogeneous polymer-sand mass by heating the compound, melting the polymeric binder, mixing and sticking together the components.
When premixed compound is fed into a preheated HMS it starts being pushed towards the output flange by the rotating screw and thus passes through several heating zones. The zones are independent. Their operation is based on tubular heating elements which provides for efficient and uniform heating of the polymer-sand mass throughout its whole volume. Heating is realized without HFC which prevents operating personnel from any harmful effect (compared to induction heating).
Thermal regulators automatically control switch in and switch out of each heating zone in accordance with the specified temperature mode for preparation of polymer-sand compound, which allows to avoid burning of polymer, as well as its incomplete melting. This solution guarantees adjusting optimal processing temperature for the particular kind of plastic and also allows easy shift from one group of polymers to another. (Though practically all types of polymers can be used for the production, it is highly recommended that the polymers with the same melting temperature were employed. Otherwise either lower-melting-temperature polymer can burn out or higher-melting temperature can melt incompletely and serve as a filling agent in the compound).
- HMS screws are executed in an improved design to develop a full extrusive force aimed at easier feeding of the ready polymer-sand compound. Screw blades undergo additional tempering which contributes to enhanced wear resistance when coarse abrasive material is processed (polymer-sand compound).
- Temperature settings range from + 50º to + 450ºC. Error of temperature setting amounts to 0.10ºC.
- A single HMS’s production capacity is enough for simultaneous molding of the compound on 2 presses.
- Low energy consumption due to the well-advised thermal insulation system on heating elements and respectively low heat loss coefficient.
An indisputable advantage of the heating-and-melting units we manufacture is their capability to process a wide range of polymers in the form of highly contaminated and moisture-laden waste with high outcome.
Project Overview for A Semi Automatic Production Line
|Return on Investment (ROI)||13 months *|
|Cost of Production||Rs.17 per Sq ft *|
|Production Capacity||Million Tiles per annum|
|Built up area required||5000 sq ft approx|
|Labor for 24 x 6 Operations||18 workers|
* Cost of production differ depending on size & thickness of the product. ROI, Cost & Capacity shown here relates to 300 x 300 x 10 mm outdoor parking Production Line.